What We Do - Engineering and Technical Services
Naval Architecture, Naval Engineering, Ship Integration, and Safety Services:
- Naval Architecture: Support technology transition with services of integration, design, and engineering analysis, including space, weight, power and cooling (SWaP-C).
- Naval Engineering: Provide requirements definition, design, development, test, product integration, and transition for DDG 51 Flights I, IIA and III with rail gun, advanced gun projectile projects, and Solid State Laser (SSL) for ONR 35, DARPA, and NAVSEA Directed Energy Weapons Program Office (PMS 405) and Electric Ships Office (PMS 320).
- Ship Integration: Provide ship integration services into the system’s form/fit and defined the physical boundaries of CIWS on the Nimitz class aircraft carriers and Aegis class guided missile destroyers. Integration for directed energy systems including candidate analysis for SSL and the Self Defense Test Ship (SDTS); test planning, analysis, ship integration and overall program coordination.
- Safety Services: Weapon Systems Range Safety for the Marine Laser Weapons Demonstrator.
Aegis Weapon System (AWS):
- AEGIS activation operations ensuring updated AEGIS Weapons System fleet configurations; planning and execution of new Combat System element activation, equipment deactivation, upgrade tactical and simulation equipment including infrastructure systems.
- Aegis integration and test requirements for Total Ship Training Capability (TSTC) / Aegis Combat System (ACS) Program Office including Battle Force Team Trainer (BFTT).
Ship Self Defense System (SSDS):
- Operate, maintain, and support testing at the SSDS facility with tactical equipment with SSDS engineering, operations, combat systems readiness, configuration management, program support, and testing.
- Plan, install, and integrate changes into tactical SCSC SSDS Combat Systems.
- Continue SSDS capability development to protect carriers and large amphibs through modeling, test, and certification for in-service, land-based test site, shore site modernization and readiness.
Dual Band Radar (DBR) and SPY-1 Radar:
- Integration and Test: CVN-78 Combat System (SSDS MK2 Mod 6C) Integration Testing (CSIT); and maintenance of SPY-1.
- Provide top Program Support for Wallops Island operations with management and scheduling of key resources for operations and test. Maintain SPY-1 Radar Systems, AWS, SSDS.