- Seaport Next Generation (SeaPort-NxG) is the United States Navy’s contract vehicle of choice to procure future engineering, technical work, logistics, program management, and financial support services. The SeaPort-NxG Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) supports all cost reimbursable contract types with the exception of T&M and sole source contracts. It has a five-year base period of performance valid through January 2024, with an additional five-year ordering period option. Unlike the predecessor, Seaport-e, SeaPort-NxG has no regional zone requirement.
- SeaPort-NxG is a Sea Enterprise initiative implementing the CNO’s Sea Power 21 transformational objectives and emphasizes the Navy Virtual SYSCOM’s focus on implementing cost-effective and integrated business practices to better support our Navy.
- Hepburn and Sons LLC is a SeaPort-NxG prime contract holder.
Who Can Use It?
The USN’s Virtual SYSCOM (VS) Command to include all NAVSEA, NAVAIR, SPAWAR, and NAVSUP procuring agencies. All US Navy and Marine Corps Commands and Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
What Is The Scope?
Engineering Support Services
- Engineering, System Engineering and Safety and Process Engineering Support
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- In-Service Engineering, Fleet Introduction, Installation and Checkout, and Provisioning Support
- Measurement Facilities, Range, and Instrumentation Support
- Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
- Research and Development Support
- Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
- Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
- Inactivation and Disposal Support
- Biochemical Engineering Support
Program Management Support Services
- Financial Analysis and Budget Support
- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Functional and Direct Programmatic Administrative Support
- Professional Development and Training Support
- Analytical and Organization Assessment Support
- Database Administrat
- Public Affairs and Multimedia Support
- Logistics Support
- Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- Computer Systems Analysts
How Does It Work?
For our USN customers, procuring services through SeaPort-NxG is very similar to what they do today, but faster with reduced, easier to process solicitation documentation and requirements. Contracts issued through SeaPort-NxG are considered Task Orders (TOs) are governed by the terms and conditions of the awarded SeaPort-NxG Prime contract.
In general, customers identify in what Zone the work is to be performed, create their standard solicitation package (less data not needed and covered by the already awarded SeaPort-NxG contract) and upload through the SeaPort-NxG portal. Through the portal, the TO RFP is published for competition to those prime contractors qualified in the Zone where the work is to be performed. Prime contractors in that zone submit their proposals through the SeaPort-NxG portal for evaluation. The Customer evaluates the proposals and makes an award.
What is significantly new for you and our USN customers?
- Electronic Procurement:
SeaPort-NxG procurements occur electronically through a single NAVSEA portal. On the website, our customers are SeaPort-NxG Buyers and must register on the portal as a Buyer. Customers use their local Contracting Offices and Contracts Administrators to register and process procurement documents.
- Less Procurement Documentation:
Customers do not have to create standard contract clauses, terms, and conditions, or solicitation data such as Section K (Reps & Certs) because these contract items are covered by the all-encompassing SeaPort-NxG contract.
- Notification of Opportunities:
SeaPort-NxG contract synopsis and procurement intentions are not announced on NECO or FedBizOps. They are only announced to SeaPort-NxG prime contractors and their team members through automatic e-mailings (note: if you are an RTN employee or team member, and would like to receive automatic notification of all SeaPort-NxG announcements, please contract the SeaPort-NxG Program Office listed below).
Customers can use SeaPort-e for large, complex, high value engineering support services, or to procure small dollar value procurements ( <$5M) with no more than a 10 page RFP package.
Whom Do I Contact?
Eric Hepburn, CFO,
Email: [email protected]
Hepburn and Sons LLC Quality Assurance Program
- Hepburn and Sons LLC monitors and ensures quality assurance through our flattened leadership organizational structure. We focus our marketing and workforce development in hiring subject matter experts with character, competence, and the highest technical pedigree in their line of work. Each employee performing the work is entrusted as the first line of quality. Secondly, we ensure our customer’s inputs are adjudicated and accepted and complete an internal peer to submission of any product or publishing of reports, studies, or analyses.